Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Liquid Diets Suck~ 6 More Days

For someone who likes to eat as much as I do (a familial trait of being a Lawson my poppa says), this whole liquid thing is horrible. I decided even though they told me I didn't have to do the whole 10 days, I was gonna try- gotta learn will power sometime, right? I didn't realize how hard this was going to be!!

I started the liquids on Saturday- broth, water, jello, water, protein shake, broth, jello, protein shake- you get the picture. I did ok day one, but day 2 was awful! I woke up Sunday with a horrible sinus headache, but took my allergy medicine and went to work. By the end of the work day, the headache had gone from a sinus headache to a hunger headache. I felt horrible. I called my mom and we decided that it would be ok for me to eat some solid food (she's a nurse, I trust her judgement). I also ate 1 meal of solid food on Monday, but tried as much liquid as possible. Doing this on a holiday weekend made it really hard- especially when I was outside helping grill ribs!!

Today is day 4- the only solid food I've had is a few pickles. Everthing else has been liquid. By the way chicken broth > beef broth. The good news is I've lost about 3 pounds. I was hoping to lose about 10 before surgery, but now I don't care as long as this phase passes quickly! I know I'll be on liquids for a few more weeks, but I won't be as hungry so I think I'll manage better. Also, working in a grocery store is horrible when all you can consume are liquids....I really want a cookie! But, I have to remind myself that nothing will taste as good as being healthy feels. I can't give in to the many temptations I am surrounded by at work every day. I'm sure it will get easier, but right now it really sucks. Guess I will have to lock myself in the house all weekend, because it is required to be on all liquids Saturday & Sunday. Yeah, right, I'd go stir crazy! Gonna be hard though.

I'm looking forward to being able to prepare my own meals. I bought a great cookbook for people who have had WLS and I'm excited to get into it and see what new things I can try. I've never been much on cooking, since I live alone, but I think it will be fun.

Only 2 more work days till I am off. This is a much needed break from work, even though things are much better now that I gave up the stress of being a store manager. The new store is good, very quiet, not a lot of problems, which is a nice change. I think I really made the right decision by stepping down. Plus, who doesn't like to sleep in several days a week?! I like the people here, and the other managers are great. It is a whole lot more laid back, which I love! Not to say there isn't any stress- I'm over departments that have some issues, but all stores have issues.

Got a lot to get done before Monday, like pack for the hospital, arrange transportation to the hospital, and get with my sister on house sitting. I've got to make sure everything is in order, clean house, and all that fun stuff. Plus, I'm trying to squeeze in a movie with my BF Jill. Guess I better get to planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment