Thursday, September 30, 2010

3 Month Check Up ( a little late, but hey...)

Went back to see Dr. O a couple of weeks ago, and everything is progressing well. As of that day, I had lost 62 pounds since my consultation on April 1. He said I am at a point where he expects patients to be after 6 months at only 3 months out. I was hoping that meant adding back some foods to my incredibly restricted diet, but no luck there. I am expected to lose around 90% of my excess body weight, and am currently at 54%. I am afraid that I would look weird if I lost that much weight, but we'll just have to wait and see how my body reacts. As of today, I'm at 169 pounds. Not too bad.

I was able to get the nurse to send me a copy of the picture they took of me on April 1. Wow. I look at it to remind myself how far I've come, but I don't hardly even recognize that person anymore. If I can get it scanned, I'll add it in. I need to post some before & after pics on here anyway, maybe that will be my next entry.

On an exciting note, I purchased a new pair of jeans today... in a size 10! I can't honestly remember the last time I wore a size 10- maybe freshman year of college? Needless to say, I was VERY pleased!

I have noticed that it's taking my mind a while to catch up with my body. It's hard to remember that I'm not the "big girl" anymore. For example, I met up with a friend the other night who is teeny, and in my mind- I was huge next to her. Now I know I'm not, but I'm just so used to being bigger than my friends that I can't seem to get my mind to accept the change.

I've been slacking on the workout front, which isn't good since I will soon leave the "honeymoon period" where the weight just falls off & I will actually have to work harder to maintain it. I hate the gym... I hate running...but I need to tone up areas of my body. I need to find more motivation to work out... if only swimsuit season were fast approaching. I bet Zach that I would be in a two-piece by next summer, so I better get on it, especially the abs part, if I want to win that bet!

Eating such a limited menu is tiring... I'm soooo sick of chicken. I keep trying to remind myself that I'm eating to live, not for pleasure anymore. It's hard now that hockey season is starting & there is nothing at the arena that I can eat, and I miss the post game Steak & Shake trips. But, I go back to see Dr. O in December, so hopefully then I'll be able to add some foods back into my diet.

Another issue I'm noticing is being cold... all the time! At the hockey game the other night, I thought I was going to shiver to death! Guess I'll be investing in thermal wear for the season.

Well, that's about all the news I have right now. I'll post again when there is something to talk about (or when I can get the pictures up).

3 comments:

  1. When I first lost the 100 pounds...I lost most of it early in the Winter which on the surface was not so bad. However in April, there was another cold snap that year. It rained and I swear it felt like it was -40 instead of +40 outside. The blood has to be pumping a little more now because there is less of you. The diet also may be to blame a bit as well.

    You are looking great and obviously keep it up. And btw I still keep to a diet of sorts. Not many know that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, so proud of you as I too struggle with weight and have for 30years it seems like I have been the "big girl" too...it is nice to see that size 10. Keep up the hard work and continue to stay focused on the GOAL! You can do this and will find that time to do something exercise that you enjoy. Mine is Zumba doesn't feel like I am exercising at all!! You might try it! Love ya and Mark and I are so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO happy for you! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete